As I was reading 1Peter2:1-13. I felt like the Lord gave me 5 points he wanted me to share about our health. When I talk about health, I don’t mean diet…I feel like God is drawing me to learn to be healthy mind, body and spirit. One thing I have learned about my body is that when I am stressed, my whole body is effected. I began to pondering on how this affects my overall health. I know spiritually it was changing me. My body began to pay the price as well. So after reading 1Peter2:1-13 God revealed these 5 points.
1. Rid yourself
– rid yourself of all malice talk, slander, etc… we can look at this as being towards others, but let’s looks at this scripture as how we speak or treat ourselves. God doesn’t want us to slander ourselves. Don’t speak about yourself in such a way that the word doesn’t say.
2. Come to Him
-he is our living stone. He is the one thing that can bring healing, comfort, peace, etc. bring those things to him. If we hold on to #1 and don’t rid ourselves of those things, our body can become sick. Then we bring it to
Him! He’s telling us to come
To him… don’t wait. Don’t carry the things your holding onto.
3. Abstain from sinful desires. Whatever that desire is. It’s not healthy for you. It’s a sinful desire!! Overeating, lack of self-control, gossip, pride(in the talking your self up or talking yourself down). If we abstain from these things our spirit man will be on top and our spiritual health will improve, therefore your physical health will improve.
4. Conduct yourselves honorably among the Gentiles.
– it’s bad enough the unsaved thing Christians are hypocrites, let not give them any more ammunition. Let’s be sure to love the unlovable, love the broken and hurting. This is what will draw others to Christ and in return your spirit, body and soul will be healed. Remember we are the light to a dark world not a judgmental voice that doesn’t glorify God.
5. Submit yourself to human authority.
-sometimes especially if you work you want to speak negative about our boss or someone in leadership over us. It could just be a decision they made that we didn’t like or it could be a major issue. But if we submit ourselves to the authority God has placed over us we will have peace. In return our health.
6. Glorify God
– if we do 1-5 God will be glorified.
This scripture talks about coming to Jesus, to be a living stone, we may be rejected by people but we are chosen by God. As women we struggle with that rejection and for some of us the being chosen by God doesn’t seem like enough; But I promise you, it is more than enough. Take your cares to him. If we hold on to negative emotions it begins to affect our bodies. Then once our bodies are affected it begins to cause sickness and disease. Remember what God’s word is reminding us of today. Together let’s walk out a journey of healing and wholeness, let’s walk our journey to healthy living Mind, Body, and Spirit!